Monday, October 28, 2013

Serving Up Cupcakes!


I spent today baking!  It pretty much was an ALL DAY endeavor... not what I had planned on, but I went a little crazy and made FOUR DOZEN cupcakes!  If I'm going to all the trouble of baking, I might as well double the recipe... And then I decided, since the recipe I chose involved some waiting time (with cooking down then cooling of coconut milk), I could try another flavor too!  Add in the help of my kids, the extra bath around lunch time because they were both covered in chocolate, and 'Lil M spending most her time on my hip... it took all day.
But they were delicious!  Thanks to Cupcakes by Cami for the new recipes!  Against my nature, I actually followed the recipe too, which doesn't always happen, but today I wasn't baking for us.  
Typically, Monday nights at our house we have "Family Night".  One night a week, my husband, kids and I, all come together as a family to sing songs, pray, and have a short lesson together; the best ones, according to my kids and husband, end with a treat!  My kids are still young enough, they LOVE family night!

Today's lesson was on service.  We learned that service can be fun, AND tasty!  We took the cupcakes to our neighbors, and people from church who had a birthday this month.  B was so excited to carry the plates of cupcakes to everyone!  

We discussed that if Jesus were at our house, we would want to serve him!  We talked about the nice things we would want to do for him.  Then we read in Matthew 25:40, "Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." And I explained that when we do nice things for others, it is like we are doing it for Jesus! 

Of course, family night doesn't always go as planned, and we had to finish up early because 'Lil M was tired and whining because she thought she saw a dog out the window, that she REALLY wanted to go pet!  

Oh well.  I'll finish the deliveries tomorrow.  However, family night ended with everyone happily eating cupcakes!

(If you are interested in the recipes, here is the link to Garbonzo Bean Chocolate Cupcakes and Coconut Cupcakes with Coconut Buttercream Frosting... 
My favorite was the coconut ;))

Also, some of my lesson inspiration came from Parenting in the Latter-days, FHE lesson.  We didn't get much further than the scripture tonight, with all the time our deliveries took... I'll save the rest of the lesson for next week!

Published by: McKell

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder on that FHE lesson. It's a much more meaningful lesson when given a few weeks before Thanksgiving instead of the week of. Cami will be excited when I show her the cupcakes you made from her blog! What a fun family night in your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were delicious and we really appreciated them!

    ReplyDelete