[I wonder how] Joseph must have felt as he moved through the streets of a city not his own, with not a friend or kinsman in sight, nor a...
By Guest Blogger: Mishay In my personal and professional experience, I have observed that family relationships can bring about a range of...
I once had an object lesson in Sunday School as a teenager that went something like this: The teacher presented to us a large clear c...
Guest Blogger Cali shares her family's Christ-centered Christmas tradition. One of my favorite Christmas traditions growing up was ge...
I was driving down the road the other day and saw a sign on a local church that read “You have your elf on the shelf, but where is your Jes...
The Shepherds While shepherds watch'd their flocks by night, All seated on the ground, The angel of the Lord came down, And g...
Guest Blogger Melanie shares insights on Christ through Old Testament prophecies. If you look for the name “Jesus Christ” in the Old ...
Christmas comes every 25 th of December, and often the first things we think about as the holiday approaches are the gifts we plan to gi...
I am sure that we all, as Christians, realize the true meaning of Christmas. But in the hubbub of getting gifts ready for our loved on...
I used to waitress at the Cheesecake Factory. One day, a man and his father sat at one of my tables. As I greeted them, the father asked...
- Atonement (1)
- BAPTISM (2)
- Book of Mormon (2)
- Change (4)
- CHaRiTY (1)
- children (7)
- Choices (6)
- Christ (2)
- Christianity (2)
- CHRISTmas (22)
- FAITH (1)
- fAMiLY (11)
- Family Home Evening (2)
- forgiveness (1)
- FrieNDS (1)
- Gifts (1)
- Goals (2)
- Godhead (1)
- Gratitude (6)
- HApPinEss (4)
- Holy Ghost (1)
- Joseph Smith (2)
- LoVE (1)
- MARRIAGE (2)
- MisSiOnARies (3)
- MOTHER (5)
- Music (3)
- Prayer (2)
- Priesthood (1)
- pRimArY (4)
- PROPHET (2)
- Questions (2)
- Religion (1)
- Resolutions (3)
- Revelation (1)
- Sacrament (1)
- SACRIFICE (3)
- Service (3)
- Temples (2)
- Traditions (6)
- Trials (1)
- Visiting Teaching (1)
- What MORMONS Believe (9)
- Word of Wisdom (1)
13 Articles of Faith
1. We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
2. We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam’s transgression.
3. We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.
4. We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.
5. We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.
6. We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.
7. We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.
8. We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.
9. We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.
10. We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.
11. We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.
12. We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.
13. We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul-We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.